Sunday, May 24, 2009

No more Ric ????

I read this week in one of the soap opera magazines that Rick Hearst is leaving GH. He had been dropped to reoccurring status and was quickly snapped up by The Bold and Beautiful. Rick is a great actor and just last year won an emmy for his work on GH. I know all the soaps are suffering from budget cuts, but they need to hold onto to their good actors. GH has always been a show that was rich is history, but lately we have lost so many great actors and they keep bringing in these new characters who I really could do without and whom I know nothing about. I know the character of Ric was bad at times, but I also liked him. There was so much they could have done with his character. I was hoping in time that Ric and Sonny could become real brothers and like each other. He could have been a supportive Uncle to Michael and Morgan. Not to mention that he always had a great chemistry with any of the ladies they put him with. I liked him best when he was with Elizabeth. She always brought out the best in him. I could go on and on, but it would do no good. The damage has been done and we will be losing another great actor. Oh well Ric. you will still have a place in my heart..........

No comments: